Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Brooklyn's Artists and Fleas Market


I remember how pleasant the weather had been the day me and my friend decided to drop by the much-hyped Brooklyn flea market at North 7St. The sun was greeting us as we walk towards the river, I can almost taste the salt water in my mouth as the gentle breeze hit my face. As we got off the train at Bedford, it seems that everyone was walking towards the same directions as us, perhaps it’s a good day to go out. Donning only a knit sweater today - it feels like winter has been long this year and I almost forgot what it’s like to loose some of the layers that I had been carrying for the past few months.

As we approach nearer, I can almost instantly guess that the big warehouse was the place – standing outside was a crowd of hipsters kids decked out in pop-up colors and some older looking couples who looked like they came hunting for interior decorations for their West Village pad.


Artists & Fleas market at 70 North 7th St.
The giant warehouse with walls of bricks is full of interesting vendors.







Loads of vintage clothing to go.
Love shopping at fleas. Getting inspiration for Sara&Pearly. Wearing vintage knit by Tricoville.
A variety of paintings and quirky postcards too.
A huge poster that caught my attention in BiBiDoan's booth. BiBiDoan makes and design her own clothes. The dresses you see above are her creation. Want to see more? Click HERE
One of my favorite accessory pick.


I've seen a lot of interesting sells and displays but when it boils down to my favorite vendors, it has to be these few shops that I'm listing here with their contact and info.

Love that I can't seem to find beads like that elsewhere in Manhattan or BK. The colors and design are exceptionally modernize and is easily strung into a necklace that can be seen on the cover of the latest Bazaar magazine.The only thing is, the beads themselves are not "modernize" - they are vintage. Now that is something worth investing for. There's something about vintage items that is very personal yet appealing.
Check them out



I came across a booth that carries vintage clothes from Bare Bones. I saw this cute red silk dress that is too adorable for words (this is not the picture above). Almost every piece that I picked up from the booth seems to be from Bare Bones. Although I don't see the same stuff that I saw at the flea market on their website, I still think that Bare Bones is worth looking out for.
Check them out


I end this post by saying that this flea market is noteworthy of checking out. You'll be able to find a lot of vintage clothes, hats and scarves. Not only that, some of the clothes they sell here are hand-made by the artists themselves - that is definitely worth a look. Drop by every Sat-Sun from 10am-7pm and see for yourself. Click artistsandfleas.com.

CLICK BELOW TO READ OLDER POSTS